Upgrade to a custom built aluminum driveshaft from Street or Track!
- Reduce rotating weight by up to 8lbs over stock.
- Rev faster due to less weight.
1310 U-joints included both ends as standard.
- 1310 U-joints measure 3 7/32" cap to cap and have a 1 1/16" cap
- 1330 U-joints measure 3 5/8" cap to cap and have a 1 1/16" cap diameter.
- 1350 available at additional cost. 1350 U-joints measure 3 5/8" cap to cap and have a 1 3/16" diameter.
- 1310-1330 or 1310-1350 conversion u-joints available at additional cost.
- Reduced harmonic vibration associated with OEM driveshafts.
- 3" Diameter.
- Every order custom built and balanced to your exact dimensions!
- Front yoke not included.
The most important dimension in ordering a drive shaft is the length. This length is expressed as the distance between the centers of the front and rear u-joints.
To arrive at this dimension, first raise the car off the ground, being very careful to insure that the normal vehicle weight is being supported by the rear suspension. (The suspension is not at full droop or unnecessarily compressed.)
Take the slip yoke that the driveshaft will be assembled to and insert it all the way into the tailshaft housing of the transmission. Now pull it out 3/4" to 1". This will be the free play that all driveshafts need when the suspension moves through its full range of travel.
Carefully measure the distance between the centers of the front and rear u-joints. Double check the 3/4" to 1" free play in the slip yoke and measure again. Measure twice, order once!
This is the length for your new aluminum drive shaft.